If you are one of the bloggers who blogs for business purposes, whether you sell services or actual products, one of the best things you can do is to allow your visitors to easily get in touch with you.
Nowadays, almost all bloggers have their standard contact page or their email address and social media accounts prominently displayed. However, another handy option is to have live chat enabled on your site.
With live chat, not only do you give your users the opportunity to instantly get in touch with you, you can also increase your conversion rate by providing more in-depth replies to those who are still on the fence about purchasing your product or signing up for your service.
In my book, that’s a win-win situation!
Today’s post will highlight 4 best live chat WordPress plugins that make it easy to integrate this option with your blog.
Live chat plugins for WordPress
Tidio Live Chat
Tidio Live Chat is a live chat solution that is extremely simple to install, easy to configure and best of all; it’s free although it does come with a paid option.
We have covered Tidio Chat before and highlighted the ease of use, however, let’s mention the main features again:
- Extremely easy installation, you only need to install the plugin and it’s done
- You can see who visits your website
- You can contact any customer that is visiting your site
- Adjust color scheme to your needs
- Dedicated app for mobile and desktop devices (iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, Chrome)
- Widget supports 140 languages
- 3 outstanding designs available
- Offline messages form for your visitors to send you an email, when you are not online
- Contact your visitor via email when he left the chat
- Integration with Zendesk, GetResponse, and MailChimp
It’s worth mentioning that with the paid option you get access to unlimited operators and mobile apps. For more about the differences between the free and the pro version read our Tidio Live Chat review.
Price: Free (paid options available)
Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim Live Chat)
With Zopim Live Chat, visitors to your website will be able to chat directly with you through the widget from any device.
Although the version in the official repository is free; the plugin comes with a 14-day free trial of their premium plan. After your trial has ended, you will be downgraded to their free or Lite plan if you decide not to stick with one of their paid plans.
Main features include:
- Mobile optimized: Your customers can chat with you from any device using our mobile optimized chat widget
- Proactive chat: Rather than chatting with every single person yourself, you can increase the chances of high-value engagement (and more sales) by using Triggers to automatically reach every visitor
- Advanced analytics: Our analytics dashboard lets you monitor visitor flow, usage patterns and lets you jump in whenever a customer might need help
- A simple and highly customizable chat widget to complement your website and taste
- User-friendly dashboard lets you monitor visitor activity and manage chats
- 24 hour live chat support from our trained experts on any weekday
- Available in over 40 languages
- Work across major browsers (Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari)
- Average uptime is 99.8%
- HTML5 dashboard
- iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry apps
- Integrates seamlessly with UserVoice, Salesforce, Highrise, Batchbook, Zendesk, vTiger and many more
Paid plans start at £5 per agent/month, suitable for small business; all the way up to £149 per agent/month – suitable for large business. For more information on their plans and the differences between each visit Zopim’s website.
Price: Free trial on all plan, from £5 per agent per month
Casengo Live Chat Support
Casengo Live Chat is a plugin that comes with both free and paid plans, and like Zopim, it starts you off with a 30-day trial period of their paid plan.
As your trial period comes close to ending, they will send you an email and ask you to pick a plan. If you don’t make a choice (you can choose the free plan, but you have to let them know) they will delete your account and your data.
What makes Casengo different than the other plugins mentioned is the fact that they integrate with Facebook as well as Twitter so you truly interact with your customers even on social media platforms.
- Live chat customization: Change look and feel of live chat button and form
- Mobile App: Use Casengo on your phone or tablet.
- Twitter search integration: Keep track of relevant keywords and interact directly
- Pro-active: Increase online conversion by automatically launching a chat window after 5 seconds
- Facebook integration: Never miss another post
- Multi-brand: Manage multiple websites from within Casengo
- Knowledgebase: Boost self-service with the Casengo FAQ plugin
- Team collaboration: Easily ask co-workers to help out
- Multi-channel support: Email, chat, social media in 1 inbox
- Macros: Quickly provide customers with the right answer
- Mailboxes: Manage multiple mailboxes from within Casengo
- Reporting: Know your company’s peak periods
- Flex users: Add short-time users for flexible support
- In the cloud: Handle customer enquiries from anywhere
- Instant overview: Customer status clear at a single glance
- Simple setup: No training or technical knowledge needed
- Hybrid messaging: Seamlessly blend live chat with email and social media
Paid plans start at €29/month (rough conversion since the company is based in Netherlands and prices are listed in euros) for one man teams and range all the way up to €44/user/month for large teams.
Full details on the pricing and features can be seen on their website.
Price: From €29 per agent/month
Pure Chat is a web app that makes it easy for website owners to chat with their visitors from anywhere!
It comes with a free and paid plan and the main difference between the two is that with the paid plan you get unlimited chat widgets and chats, whereas the free plan allows for 1 widget and 30 chats per month.
- Fully customizable chat widget (including language customization)
- Respond to visitors on the go with the Pure Chat app for iOS and Android
- Geolocation data for users – know where your visitors are from!
- Ban users by IP
- Daily emails that breakdown chat activity (optional)
- Full chat transcript history
- User ratings for interactions
- Visitors can leave contact info when you’re not online
- Customizable canned responses for common questions
Paid plans start at $39 per month for 4 individual members
Price: From free, paid plans start at $39
Using a live chat plugin is a great way to provide easily accessible support to your customers, or provide an extra way to gather leads.
All, apart from WordPress Chat have a free version which you can try out to see if it suits your needs. In the future, if you need more then you can always upgrade to their paid version.
Moving forward it’s important to remember that adding live chat to your website is the first step. The next step is to put systems and processes in place to ensure your business makes the most of it. Both in terms of delivering excellent customer service and pre-sales support.