Did you know that over 70% of visitors who abandon your website will never return?
If you’ve checked your website analytics recently, then you’ll see that figure is right.
For most of us, 75% of people who visit don’t come back.
If your figures look like that, then you need to start turning those visitors into leads.
So, in this post, we’ve collected up the best WordPress lead generation plugins to help you do just that.
To make it easier for you, we’ve broken it down into five sections:
- List building plugins
- Landing page plugins
- Call to action (CTA) plugins
- Contact form plugins
- Live chat plugins
List building plugins
If you want to grow your business – you need to build an email list. Whether you use it for simply promoting your content and offers, or you build a targeted list of leads – it’s a must for every business.
- Bad News: None of the email marketing platforms have good lead capture forms.
- Good News: There are some excellent WordPress mailing list plugins that do. Better yet, they offer unique features that will boost your conversions.
All the plugins reviewed here make it super-easy to attract readers’ attention and collect their details. Plus, they all integrate with the major email service providers.
1. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is a powerful email list building plugin. It’s jam-packed with features that make it a great all-in-one solution.
On the front end, you can display Lightbox Popups, Sticky Ribbons, Inline Forms, Slide-In Forms, and both 1-Step and 2-Step Opt-in Forms.
Behind the scenes, you can customize forms with a drag-and-drop editor, set up A/B Testing to see which types work best, and deploy Advanced Targeting to display relevant forms by post, category or tags.
- Drag-and-drop editor allows for advanced customization
- Digital Asset Delivery: Send lead magnets to your subscribers
- A/B Testing: Test different form types against each other
- Smartlinks: Show different content to existing subscribers
- Multiple themed templates available for each opt-in form type
- Various opt-in form types such as ribbon, lightboxes, inline, widgets, and slide-ins
- Supports multi-state opt-in forms
- Reporting dashboard gives you essential insights
- Integrates with most popular email marketing services
Price: $67/site, $97/5 sites, $147/15 sites (includes lifetime updates + 12 months support). Included in the Thrive Themes Membership for $19/month (paid annually).
ConvertPro is a WordPress plugin created by Brainstorm Force – the company behind the extremely popular Astra Theme.
This plugin will allow you to add all sorts of opt-in forms and calls to action. This includes modal popups, slide-ins, in content forms, lightbox overlays, and more.
It comes with a bunch of advanced targeting features. For example, you can specify certain lead generation forms to appear only when they originate from a specific location or device. You can also include/exclude forms from different pages/taxonomies on your website.
What’s especially useful about this plugin is that certain features are modular. For example, analytics, A/B testing, and other features can be disabled if you’re not using them. Great for improving performance.
- Good selection of templates
- Drag & drop visual editor
- Integrations with popular email providers
- A/B split testing
- Google Analytics integration
- Import/export settings
- White label branding
- Advanced form trigger rules
- Advanced device targeting
- Advanced page & taxonomy targeting
Price: $99 for unlimited websites with 12 months support. Agency bundle available which includes their Astra theme, Schema Pro and other plugins.
3. Optin Forms
Optin Forms is the free list building plugin from Fancy Themes. It doesn’t have as many features as some of the premium WordPress plugins, but it’s a good starter option.
Optin Forms is an easy-to-use solution that anyone can install and start using straight away. There is nothing complicated about it. You select your email solution, pick a form design and customize its appearance.
It comes with five pre-designed templates that you can customize. You can change all texts, fonts, and font sizes. And you can alter the colors of any element via the color picker.
Once your opt-in form is ready, you can choose where to place it on your posts and pages; e.g. after the first paragraph, at the end of the post. You can also exclude it from displaying on specific posts and pages.
Optin Forms currently works with the following primary email solutions:
AWeber, iContact, MailChimp, GetResponse, MadMimi, Interspire Email Marketer, and ConvertKit.
- Easy setup
- Fully Customizable
- Widget Friendly
- Targeted Form Placement
- Mobile Responsive
- Integration with 7 email services providers
Landing page plugins
A landing page has one clear goal. Conversion.
The conversion might be gaining email subscriptions, or selling products or services.
The best way to get that conversion is to create pages that only focus on achieving the desired outcome. By that, I mean remove all other distractions like sidebars, menus, and adverts.
Creating conversion-focused landing pages in WordPress is easier with these powerful landing page plugins.
Let’s take a look…
4. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is a page builder plugin that will enable you to create landing pages with ease. No need for a developer or expensive SaaS software.
At the time of writing, there are over 150 Landing Page Templates in their library, and it’s growing.
But what’s more impressive is that the templates come in Template Sets. So, for instance, a landing page design has a corresponding thank you page and confirmation page. This helps to keep your branding consistent.
There are two lead generation options; either the traditional 1-Step or the conversion-boosting 2-Step. For the 2-Step Opt-in you can use the built-in Thrive Lightbox functionality. Or if you’re a Thrive Leads customer, you can use your existing shortcode designs.
- 250+ templates ordered in sets to make branding easy
- Drag-and-drop visual editor for easy customization
- Create and reuse your saved templates
- Supports 1-Step and 2-Step opt-in forms
- Add Thrive Leads opt-in forms to your landing pages
- Integrates with most email providers via API and HTML forms
- Mobile responsive designs so you can deliver a great experience to your visitors
Price: $67/site, $97/5 sites, $147/15 sites (includes lifetime updates + 12 months support). Included in the Thrive Themes Membership for $19/month (paid annually).
5. OptimizePress 3.0
OptimizePress has been around for a long time. In version 3, their entire plugin was rewritten from the ground up.
The new editor is fast and easy to use. And the included WordPress theme is optimized for email list building.
Version 3 has a great selection of new templates but you can always start from a blank page if you prefer.
The new script & styles customiser allows you to choose which plugins are enabled on the front-end and back-end of your site. By default, all are disabled for the best performance possible. Faster page load times = more conversions.
You can take your lead generation efforts further by building checkout pages and entire sales funnels. A/B testing and funnel analytics is included.
OptimizePress removes the need for a separate payment gateway and handles digital product delivery.
- Drag & drop visual editor
- 50+ customizable templates
- Funnel builder with detailed analytics and A/B testing
- Build optimized checkout pages with bump offers
- Digital file delivery
- Supports 1-Step and 2-Step Opt-in forms
- Integrates with most email providers via API
- Zapier integration
- Includes conversion-focused WordPress theme
- Script & styles customiser for improved performance
- Monthly group coaching
Price: Starts from $99/year. Higher plans offer additional plugins/tools.
6. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder comes packaged as both a WordPress Theme (Pro Package) and Plugin. So you can use all the design features within in its own theme or use it as a standalone plugin with another theme.
The interface is straightforward to use. There are 30 pre-designed templates and a blank template to help you create your landing page.
There aren’t many landing page templates that you’d use for typical lead generation purposes. Most focus on homepage themes for small businesses, law firms, etc.
But, there is a blank template, so you can add a lead generation option to your landing page with the slick editor.
- Drag-and-drop interface shows you exactly how the finished page will look
- Choose which devices certain elements appear responsive on
- Plenty of beautiful templates to help you in the landing page creation process
- Add WordPress widgets straight onto your landing pages
- Add elements such as opt-in forms, calls to action, contact forms, pricing tables, and maps to your pages
- Beaver Builder theme available on the Pro package
- Integrates with popular email providers via API connection only
Price: Standard $99 (plugin), Pro $199 (plugin and theme)
Note: There is also a lite version of Beaver Builder available on WordPress.org.
The free version gives you a good taste of what the premium version has to offer. For some, it may be enough to do what you need, but the editing options are quite restricted.
Leadpages is not a WordPress plugin. It’s a lead generation platform that is ideal for creating and deploying landing pages on any HTML website. It connects to WordPress with the help of a plugin.
Creating landing pages can often be done in around 5 minutes if you’ve got your content handy (and choose the right template.)
Leadpages has over 70 mobile responsive landing page templates for every industry. They include templates for webinar pages, squeeze pages, sales pages, thank you pages and more.
Each page is customizable with the drag-and-drop editor, so you can move each element around as you wish.
- Web managed platform – build landing pages in one central location
- Create landing pages fast with the help of an intuitive editor
- Choose from over 70 incredible templates
- Use Leadboxes on any website
- Digital Asset Delivery to email PDF downloads to new subscribers
- Built-in analytics to track conversions
- Easy A/B split testing (on Pro or Advanced accounts)
- Integrates with the primary email service providers
Price: Starts at $15/month (paid annually) or $19/month (paid monthly).
Call to action plugins
Applying a Call To Action (CTA) on your website will prompt your visitors to take action.
If you can create a stronger sense of urgency on your landing page, then you can successfully spur people to do what you want them to do on your page (i.e., convert). Neil Patel
Adding urgency to that CTA with a countdown timer will boost conversions further. Here are the two best WordPress call to action plugins that you can install today.
8. Thrive Ultimatum
Thrive Ultimatum is a purpose-built lead generation WordPress plugin that promises to boost your conversions by applying the most effective marketing principle: scarcity.
We’re all afraid of missing out. When we see the ‘limited offer’ or the ‘countdown timer’ ticking away, then we feel compelled to buy now.
Thrive Ultimatum comes with a set of ready-made templates. Every template is customizable with the intuitive, drag-and-drop visual editor. Just click to edit any element, set custom colors, background images, custom fonts and much more.
It’s packed with features to cater for all types of campaign. For instance, 7-Day Offers, Christmas Special, and End Of Month Specials.
What makes it more powerful are the triggers that you can apply to each campaign. For example, campaigns for first-time visitors or campaigns for new subscribers.
- Pre-made design templates which look good straight out of the box
- Easy customization with the visual editor
- Campaign Types: Fixed Date / Recurring / Evergreen / Multi-Page
- Countdown Timer: Widget Area / Floating Header Bar/ Floating Footer Bar
- Time zones supported
- Multiple trigger types
- Mobile responsive designs
Price: $97/site, $147/5 sites, $399/15 sites. Included in the Thrive Themes Membership for $19/month (paid annually).
9. WP Notification Bar
WP Notification Bar is a custom notifications and alerts plugin for WordPress that displays a sleek message bar on your website. It can help you grow your email list, manage marketing promotions, increase your social media following or expand the audience for specific pages on your site.
This lead generation plugin comes with 14 pre-defined color schemes to get you up and running. But you can edit colors as you wish with the color picker.
There are many different types of notification bar. For instance, Text and Link, Post Content, Subscribe Box, Social Media Follow, Countdown Timer, and Search Form.
You can display your notification bars on specific posts and pages to make them relevant. You can also exclude your notification bars from certain visitors. For example, those arriving from search engine or a specific social network.
- Easy to Use
- Unlimited Notification Bars
- Multiple Notification Types
- Fixed or Absolute Position
- Includes 18 Social Networks
- Display on selected Posts / Pages
- Unlimited Color Choice
- Custom HTML Support
There is also a free version too but without as many features.
Contact form plugins
Contact Forms offer an alternative way to generate leads for your business. And the big advantage is that you don’t have to reveal your email address. You can connect forms with your CRM and follow-up with ease.
But they don’t have to be simple ‘contact me’ forms. You can also create ‘request a quote’ forms, ‘order’ forms and more.
WPForms is a WordPress plugin from the team behind OptinMonster.
WPForms includes four ready-made templates that you can customize to fit your requirements. The drag-and-drop functionality is a delight to use. You can start creating all types of forms straight away. Just drag elements onto the page to build your form.
You can integrate your forms with an email marketing service (e.g. AWeber, MailChimp) or collect payments (e.g. PayPal, Stripe) for bookings and orders on the advanced plans.
Online forms are a huge target for spammers. WPForms uses the smart honeypot technique to prevent spam. You can also add CAPTCHA to your forms, too.
- Multiple form types (simple forms, order forms, quote forms, opt-in forms and more)
- Multiple add-ons (user registration, PayPal, Stripe, conditional logic and more)
- Simple UI/workflow
- Full drag & drop functionality
- Ready-made form templates
- Multi-page forms
- Built-in spam protection
- Manage all form submissions from a single page
Price: Basic $79/year, Plus $199/year, Pro $399/year
There’s also a free lite version with limited features.
11. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms claims to be the best contact form for WordPress.
It’s well-liked by many customers, and is active on over 1 million WordPress sites.
Gravity Forms is another drag-and-drop form builder. The idea is that you select an element from the right-hand sidebar and drag onto your page to create your form.
If you want to integrate with third party services (e.g. email marketing and payments), then you’ll need to purchase the optional Add-Ons through a Business or Developer license.
- Multi-page Forms
- Form Settings
- Advanced Fields
- Schedule Forms
- Standard Fields
- Pricing Fields
- Post Fields
Price: Basic $59/year, Plus $159/year, Pro $259/year
12. Caldera Forms
Caldera Forms is a free WordPress plugin that lets you create smart, detailed forms quickly.
The drag-and-drop field placement makes it easy to build complex form layouts.
You can configure fields and processors to fit your design. There are simple text and dropdown fields, plus ‘fancy fields’ like autocomplete and sliders. And you can alter the layout to create multi-column, mobile-friendly WordPress forms.
Caldera Forms has a range of add-ons for accepting payments, login, registration, front-end editing, mailing list building and more. You can buy Single add-ons, or Bundles for extra savings.
- Easy for anyone to use
- Responsive across all devices
- Drag and drop field placement to build forms
- Extensive list of form elements to choose from
- Includes conditional logic
- Expandable with premium add-ons
Live chat plugins
Live chat plugins can also double as effective lead generation plugins for your WordPress website.
Using a Live Chat plugin is also an excellent opportunity to increase your conversion rates as you can provide instant replies to queries before potential customers leave your website.
13. Tidio Chat
Tidio Chat is a web-based app that integrates with WordPress via a plugin. It’s a live chat solution that is simple to install, and easy to configure. It has both free and paid options, but you can take a 7-day free trial of the premium version.
Tidio Chat is a versatile app that lets you respond to your customers via Live Chat, Messenger or Text, depending on who is active online at the time.
You can customize Tidio Chat to your preferences. Choose from three Themes, edit the Widget, Sidebar or Chat page, and create a unique design to match your website.
It integrates with a few third-party apps including Shopify, Magento, and Prestashop. There’s also an integration with MailChimp that allows your visitors to sign up for your newsletter while filling in the pre-chat survey.
- Easy installation via WordPress plugin
- You can see who visits your website
- You can contact any customer who is visiting your site
- Adjust color scheme to your needs
- Dedicated app for mobile and desktop devices (iOS, Android, Windows, OS X, Chrome)
- Supports 140 languages
Price: Free, Pro from €15/month
14. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is a web-based app that makes it easy for website owners to chat with their visitors from anywhere. It integrates with WordPress via a free plugin.
If you’re not online, your chat box converts into a lead capture form. You’ll never miss an opportunity to engage new customers.
If you’re not active on your site, and a visitor starts a chat, Pure Chat will send you a notification. You can even respond to visitors while you’re out and about using the mobile app.
Pure Chat is available with free and paid plans. The free option limits you to 1 website and 15 chats per month.
- Respond to visitors on the go with the Pure Chat app for iOS and Android
- Customizable canned responses for common questions
- Visitors can leave contact info when you’re not online
- Full chat transcript history
- User ratings for interactions
- Geolocation data for users – know where your visitors are from
Price: Free, Growth $39/month (paid annually) and Pro $79/month (paid annually)
What is the best WordPress lead generation plugin for you?
As you can see there is quite a variety of ways to generate leads on your WordPress website.
And all these WordPress lead generation plugins all do an excellent job of converting visitors into customers. Now you have to decide which lead generation plugins you need for your WordPress website.
While there are a lot of plugins that add minor lead generation features to your site, it’s best to go for a smaller number of plugins that cover more important features.
For most sites, a stack of Thrive Architect and Thrive Leads offers almost every feature you might need. Thrive Leads the best WordPress lead capture plugin, while Thrive Architect is a feature-packed landing page builder. While most page builders can sort of do landing pages – they’re not built for it, unlike this one.
Alternatively, you could go for ConvertPro as your lead capture solution, with the addition of OptimizePress for your landing pages. ConvertPro doesn’t have quite the feature set of Thrive Leads, but it’s lightweight and has the benefit of better form targeting. And the latest version of OptimizePress includes a theme with lead generation functionality built-in, and some plans include a funnel builder plugin, and one of the best visual editors we’ve tested.
On a related note, if you’re simply looking to add a conversion-focused email sign up form to your website, check out our tutorial on how to add an opt-in form to your WordPress website.