Landing pages are one of the best ways of persuading your visitors to perform a specific action on your website.
This could be joining your mailing list, signing up for a webinar, or making a purchase.
Despite this, most WordPress themes don’t include a landing page template, leaving you with the task of creating one from scratch.
However, if you don’t have the time or the inclination to design and code your own squeeze pages, there are a number of landing page plugins that allow you to add such a page to your site, plus a whole lot more, all without the need to edit any code or possess any design skills.
The best WordPress landing page plugins
To help you pick the right sales page builder for your site and the type of offer you are promoting to your readers, here is our pick of the top landing page plugins for WordPress.
OptimizePress – Top pick
OptimizePress not only makes it very easy to build attractive and effective landing pages, but it also includes the ability to create sales funnels and membership portals for your WordPress site.
If you have the need to create great looking squeeze pages then this product is the tool you have been looking for.
Now on its second version, OptimizePress 2 has been totally rebuilt to deliver a much more comprehensive landing page builder product than its predecessor.
The new version now includes a live page builder wizard which gives you lots of control over how your landing and sales pages will look, all without the need to edit any code.
The OptimizePress package also includes an impressive selection of templates which can all be modified to meet your needs using the page builder.
This allows you to get started with this tool in no time at all.
With OptimizePress for WordPress you can get access to the following features:
- Create landing pages
- Publish sales and marketing pages
- Build secure membership portals
- Setup launch funnels
- Includes selection of over 30 editable templates
- Add over 40 custom elements to your pages
- Build pages using the Live Editor
- WordPress theme or plugin version (both included)
- All pages are mobile friendly and fully responsive
- Integrates with popular email newsletter and membership services
This is a very popular and powerful option for creating squeeze and sales pages that includes a number of excellent templates and a live builder for personalising those templates.
LeadPages is available as a hosted service, but WordPress users can take advantage of the available plugin and start integrating these powerful landing pages into their websites.
This landing page builder includes over 70 templates which have all been tested to ensure they are high covering, giving you the best chance of success for your promotions. These templates can all be edited to match your offers or you can build a new one from scratch with the editor.
With LeadPages you get the option of hosting the landing pages you create on the company’s lightning-fast servers, or integrate them with your WordPress site without editing any code. In fact all duplication, editing, and customizing can be carried out with the need to touch any code making this the perfect choice for those with limited time to devote to learning a new tool.
Some of the highlights of the LeadPages landing page creator include:
- Publish a landing page in 5 minutes with just a few clicks
- Includes a selection of over 70 tried and tested, high converting landing pages
- Pages can be hosted on their fast servers
- Insert pages into WordPress or Facebook
- Handles delivery of sign up incentives, or lead magnets, to your email subscribers
- Easily duplicate landing pages for reuse or A/B testing
- Display pages using an exit popup
- All pages are mobile friend and fully responsive
- Eye-catching landing page templates
- Support for 2-step opt-in forms
Price: $37 per month
Thrive Themes Content Builder
The Thrive Content Builder from Thrive Themes harnesses the power of WordPress, but gives the increasingly outdated editor of this software an overhaul to make it easier and much more intuitive to create custom page layouts.
With this landing page builder, the editing all takes place through the front end of your site. This allows you to get a real time preview of how your edits and changes will appear to your visitors while you work.
By taking this approach, the developers have been able to remove the need to do a mental translation of what is displayed in the editor and what the page will actually look like to your visitors. This also removes the need to have to constantly switch tabs, and windows in order to get a realistic preview of your work.
You also have access to highly focused landing page templates that are simple to customize.
The landing page building features of Thrive Content Builder include:
- Front end editing with live preview
- Various landing page templates
- 2 step opt-in processes to boost conversions
- Click to edit content inline
- Drag and drop elements on the page
- Includes landing page-specific design elements
If you want a way to edit and build your landing pages in real time and get a live preview as you work, the Thrive Content Builder is for you.
Authority Pro 3
Authority Pro 3 is a custom page builder for WordPress that allows you to create stand-alone pages for a number of uses, including sales funnels, pre-launch pages, and landing pages.
If you want a page builder tool with a strong focus towards sales funnels, then Authority Pro 3 is a good option. The sales funnel builder includes five steps which take the visitor from the main sales letter page, through the upsells, via the exit squeeze page, and then to the buyer optin page, before finally thanking them and presenting them with the optional download incentive.
Some of the highlights of the Authority Pro 3 landing page builder plugin include:
- Adds a drag and drop page builder to your WordPress site
- Good selection of page elements and layouts to choose from
- Includes a step by step page building wizard
- Create standalone landing pages for your site using the custom builder
- Build legal pages and add them to your site
- Design a pre-launch series of pages including a squeeze page
- Publish a sales funnel with multiple variations for split testing
Authority Pro 3 includes some interesting features which are well worth investigating for anyone looking to build sales and marketing pages using their existing theme.
Coming Soon Pro
Coming Soon Pro is ideal for anyone who is working on a new site and wants to keep visitors informed while also being able to collect email addresses to build a pre-launch mailing list.
With this plugin installed, you can work on your site, safe in the knowledge that non-logged in visitors will be shown an attractive landing page, giving them the option of signing up to receive a notification of when your site goes live.
However, this plugin can also be used to create regular landing pages that are displayed to visitors, even after your site has launched and gone live. This could include a signup page for a newsletter, with an incentive to become a subscriber, or a launch list for a new product you are working on.
Some of the best features of the Coming Soon Pro landing page plugin include:
- Customise the landing page layout and appearance
- Landing page displayed to non-logged in visitors
- Create landing pages for use after launch
- Build a mailing list with optin forms
- Offer a signup incentive or lead magnet
- Integrates with all major email marketing services
- Display countdown timer to launch
- Works with any WordPress theme
- Allow individuals to bypass the landing page via a private URL, IP address, or specific role
- 100% responsive design for mobile and tablet users
Coming Soon Pro is a simple but effective plugin that can be of real benefit to anyone working on a new website, or with a new product in development they would like to promote.
As you can see there is a good selection of landing page plugins for WordPress.
These tools cover the full spectrum of requirements from full-featured page editors, with multiple templates and modules, through to more modest options for those that don’t need the power of a top-class premium tool.
What type of landing page are you planning on building, and which plugin has the best feature set for your needs?