If you’re serious about boosting conversions on your website, you need to be able to create optimized landing pages.
Whether you want to grow your email list or sell a product/service – you need landing pages.
When you cut out all of the distractions like sidebars, navigation menus and various widgets – the result is a highly focused page.
A page with one clear goal and that goal is to convert.
So, the question is – how can you create your own landing pages without having to hirer a developer to create the page for you?
….There’s a WordPress plugin for that and in this post you’ll find some of the best around.
These plugins will make it super easy for you to hit the ground running with your own landing pages – in the long run, they’ll save you time and money too.
Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is an incredibly powerful plugin that is designed to help you not only create high converting landing pages, but also custom page layouts.
You get access to a handy drag & drop editor with plenty of conversion focused page elements along with a large selection of templates.
What you’ll love about how templates are organized is how they are designed in sets – making it super easy to keep your pages consistent.
With each set you’ll find a landing page, thank you page and confirmation page. For some sets you’ll find additional templates which include vide opt-in pages, sales pages, coming soon pages and more.
- 120+ templates ordered in sets – this makes branding easy and provides a lot of choice
- Drag & drop visual editor makes it easy to customize your landing pages
- Great selection of templates that come in sets – perfect for keeping your pages consistent
- Create your own templates to save time
- Manage revisions so you can easily revert to an earlier version
- Supports 2-step opt-in forms to give your conversions a boost
- Add opt-in forms directly from Thrive Leads to your landing pages
- Supports any email provider that uses custom HTML forms
- Plugin is mobile responsive so you can deliver a great experience to your visitors
This handy WordPress plugin makes it very easy to get started with landing page creation.
OptimizePress comes with 30+ eye-catching templates and 40+ page elements that you can use to enhance the functionality of your pages.
You also get a WordPress theme version, so you can choose to use the plugin with your existing theme or switch to the OptimizePress theme to power both your blog and landing pages.
The level of customization that’s possible with OptimizePress is impressive, but those features do come at a cost and that cost is performance. So it’s fairly resource heavy.
- Drag & drop editor to make landing page creation easy
- Comes with its own WordPress theme with several different layouts
- Comes with its own membership plugin to make membership site setup easy
- 30+ customizable templates gives you a lot of variety for your landing page creation
- Choose from 40+ different page elements to enhance the functionality of your landing pages
- Supports 2-step opt-in forms for increased conversions
- Supports most email providers via API integration and any others with custom HTML form integration – this means you can use almost any email provider
- You can subscribe to OptimizePress monthly club to get new landing page templates each month
- Fully mobile responsive – which is great news for your visitors
Beaver Builder is a slick plugin which is great for building your own landing pages or custom page layouts.
The interface is straight forward to use and there are a number of great looking templates to get you started.
Most of the templates are focused on building homepage layouts; this includes a variety of pages with call to action buttons and others with opt-in forms.
There are other page templates too for the likes of blog pages, about pages, portfolio pages and more.
There aren’t many landing page templates that you’d use for typical lead generation, although they are very easy to create yourself.
Beaver Builder integrates with email providers (e.g. AWeber and MailChimp) via API.
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a custom HTML form option, this does limit support for email providers somewhat.
At the time of writing this post, the following providers are supported: AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, GetResponse, iContact, Mad Mimi, MailChimp and SendinBlue.
While this does include all of the most popular providers, there are still a lot of others which aren’t supported. It’s likely if more people ask for integration with new providers, it may be added.
The “lite” version:
There is a lite version of Beaver Builder available on WordPress.org.
The plugin can give you a good taste of what the premium version has to offer and for some, it may be enough to do what you need.
So what don’t you get in the lite version which you get in the premium versions?
The main differences include limited modules, for example modules such as call to action and opt-in forms aren’t included. And you don’t have the option to use any of the included templates.
- Slick drag & drop interface shows you exactly how the finished page will look
- Choose which devices certain elements appear responsive on
- Plenty of beautiful templates to help you in the landing page creation process
- Beaver Builder theme available on pro package
- Support for popular email providers such as AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, GetResponse, iContact, Mad Mimi, MailChimp and SendinBlue
- Add WordPress widgets directly onto your landing pages
- Add elements such as opt-in forms, calls to action, contact forms, pricing tables and maps to your pages
The landing page featured in the image above took around 5 minutes to create using LeadPages.
So what is LeadPages exactly? It’s not strictly a WordPress plugin – it’s a landing page creation and lead generation platform that connects to WordPress with the help of a plugin.
It also supports any HTML website, so you can use it with any other platform you wish to.
The key element which stands out here is how LeadPages is designed.
With the LeadPages editor, it’s immediately apparent that advanced customization isn’t possible.
You can customize colours, backgrounds, images etc – but not much more than that.
Here’s why this is a GREAT thing:
With most other landing page creation tools, they have so many options that building a page can take a long time to get right.
By having limited customization options, you’re able to use LeadPages to create landing pages far quicker.
Sure, it’s not perfect for every situation, but if you don’t have time to spend on customization – this is perfect!
With other tools like LeadPages, they usually limit the number of websites you can use and the amount of traffic you can have – thankfully LeadPages gives you unlimited websites and unlimited traffic.
An interesting observation on how LeadPages improve conversions
LeadPages are constantly pushing boundaries and they are constantly rolling out small changes to certain parts of their platform.
For example, they test how well certain elements in their opt-in forms/landing pages convert and then roll out these changes to new opt-in forms/landing pages.
Grow your email list with LeadBoxes
As well as creating landing pages, you can create clickable popovers and display them on any website that supports HTML.
You can also choose other trigger options for these popovers which include – timer, scroll and exit intent.
- Create landing pages fast with the help of an intuitive editor
- Choose from over 70 incredible templates including webinar pages, squeeze pages, sales pages, thank you pages and more
- Choose your template based on average conversion rates
- Deploy clickable popovers (2-step opt-ins) on any website that supports HTML – these are called LeadBoxes
- Add opt-in form popovers to your website with the option of using timed, scroll or exit intent triggers
- Monitor conversions for your landing pages and LeadBoxes with built-in analytics
- Setup split tests to boost your conversions within a few clicks – this works for both landing pages and LeadBoxes but is only available on higher tier pricing plans
- Automatically email PDF downloads to new subscribers
- Supports a wide variety of email providers via API integration and it’s possible to use any platform that supports custom HTML forms (although it’s not fully supported, it can be done)
- Marketplace available to purchase additional templates (if you need them)
We’ve talked through the individual plugins/tools that have worked well for us, but the important question now is – which should you choose?
There is no “one glove fits all” solution here – the plugin/tool which is right for you, may not be right for someone else.
Ultimately, the perfect option depends on your individual needs and goals.
It’s essential to understand exactly what you want to achieve and the features that will be important to you.
For example if you want to create opt-in pages and need the ability to heavily customize those pages – Thrive Content Builder or Beaver Builder would be great options but Beaver Builder is restricted to working on pages only, Thrive Content Builder allows you to create custom layouts on posts as well as pages.
If you want to make a fully functional membership site, OptimizePress is a solid choice as it has everything you need.
On the other hand, if you’re not fussed about advanced customization and you would prefer a platform that enables you to create landing pages fast and takes care of split testing etc – LeadPages is a great option.